Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nothing new.....BUT I'll post anyway

So I haven't posted anything lately because:
A- I don't think anyone even reads this
B- Nothing new is happening.
I stay so busy every day with the kids, church calling etc, but I have realized that my life is pretty much the same every day. I'm not complaining though. It's good when things are all normal and status quo. That means there is not a whole lot of drama and that's always a good thing.
In case anyone does actually read this:
  • Jackson is doing great. He still has 2 "therapies" a week. One for speech and the other is for his development. Both of his therapists say he is doing awesome and probably doesn't even need it for much longer. His speech has completley gone crazy in the last few months. He's a crack-up and says some pretty funny things. The worst is when I am yelling at the kids or say something that is not really appropriate and he copies me. Nothing like hearing your voice reflected in your 2 year old. Oopsie!
  • Hannah is doing so awesome in school - reading and doing her work. She is a great student and is learning to love reading. It's great to watch. She is quite the "girl" though and I am not a fan of the drama surrounding that. I think the teenage years could be rough. Lets hope not.
  • Josh is so busy it's making my head spin. He's in the school production of Aladdin Jr. this month and they are currently in the midst of tech week which is pretty hard core. He's not enjoying it, but I think he'll be happy when the showtimes come and he feels the energy of the crowd. We'll see. This might be his one and only theatre experience.
  • Brent is busy in the yard and not as busy at work. The economy has finally hit his buisness. It's not too bad and we hope it doesn't get worse. I told him I have plenty of work here for him to do in the yard though, so that will keep him busy. He's gone skiing a few times this winter and he loves riding his dirt bike.
  • I am back in my weight loss mode. I had gained some weight through the summer and holidays and decided I needed to nip it now rather then later. I have learned so much from my weight loss experience these past few years. It is truly invaluable. I have been doing lots of menu planning and finding healthy recipes to try. It's a good thing. I'm almost where I need to be weight wise so that is exciting. The maintainance is always a struggle though. I hope to find some kind of employment that can help me in keeping the weight off. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share. I've also been keeping busy with my calling in Young Womens. It's a fun place to serve and I love my girls.
  • My parents are coming home from their 2 year mission to the phillipines in a few weeks. Unfortunatley "home" is in Utah, not here. It's a bummer that everyone left me here to move to Utah. I'm still bitter...can you tell? They promise to come out and visit "Alot" when they get home. They better!

Other then that, not too much to report. We have lots of fun summer plans of camping, swimming in our new pool, going to Utah and lost of other fun things so if anyone does read this.....check back for updates.. :)

9 comments:

butterflyscripts said...

I read your blog. It was fun to read about your fam. Your pictures are so cute. where did you get them done? I need to get some healthy menus from you.
Annie

Melinda said...

OK Jen I read your blog too. WOW your parents will be home in a few weeks how exciting. see you soon.
Love, Melinda

Jodi June said...

YEA! a post. I am reading Jen... reading! Ü Glad to hear that all is normal. Ü Normal is good.
xoxoxo!!!

The Holtry Family said...

Wow! I am so glad someone is reading! :) I'll try and think of something witty to say next time. :)

PaulaJean and David said...

Jen, I'm here. I just check every once in a while to see what you and your sweet family are up to. Don't check mine. I haven't updated in about 2 months.

Rachael said...

I don't read your blog...heheheh

Brent said...

Hey, I read it too, but I'm not sure that I count!

jenn&theboys said...

I READ IT TOO!!!

tanya said...

I read it all the time but I hadn't checked back for a while since there hadn't been any new postings. Now I know why! You guys sound busy. Maybe you should come to OH this summer too??? It is so tempting I am sure. How about a nice church history tour?